Monday, December 5, 2011

my first 5 days!

You will consume around 850-900 calories a day while on this diet. Before I was on it I was consuming anywhere from 2000-3000 calories daily! My biggest concern was that I would feel like I was starving myself.  This has not been the case I have actually struggled to eat all of the food they recommend. You will eat several of the Ideal Protein items throughout the day and some of your own food also. You must drink a minimum of 64 oz. of water every day.  I am a VERY PICKY eater, yet I have found several of the ideal protein items that I actually enjoy. You can use most spices and seasonings to improve the taste of your food.

I am currently on day 5 and I would like to walk through these last few days. At the beginning of day one I was super excited! I started my day out and wasn’t having any problems until it came time to make the daycare kids something to eat. I wanted what they were having and bad, but I help myself back and then it was time for Tom and me to go to the store to get some extra stuff for me. Tom wandered the store and by the time we were finished I wanted to cry, everything looked SO GOOD, even the things that I don’t normally like. I explained how I was feeling to Tom by telling him it was like someone trying to quit smoking walking into a smoke shop.  He agreed that I wouldn’t have to do anymore grocery shopping until I was ready and as long as I made him a list he would do that for now.  The next few days have been fairly easy, I even went to our local Christmas celebration where there were lots of free samples and bake sales and it wasn’t too difficult to keep walking. (I’m not saying it was easy either). Last night I went grocery shopping again. I asked Tom not to linger and so we made a list and got what we needed and the only aisle we took our time in is the produce aisle, and I felt good leaving the store! I do not know how much weight I have lost, as I weigh in weekly and Wednesdays are my weigh in days, but I will be sure to keep you all updated!

No comments:

Post a Comment