Monday, December 5, 2011

Who am I and What is Ideal Protein?

Hello my name is Melissa, and I am on day 5 of my ideal protein journey! I am a 26 year old who works in the child care field. I own and operate my own center. I am getting married in August of 2012 to a great man named Tom. At my first weigh-in (Dec 1 2011) I weighed 186 pounds. I am hoping to lose 50+ pounds in 3-4 months. I have two main reasons why I want to lose weight: 1) I want to look great in my wedding dress J  2) After we get married I would like to start a family and I want to be as healthy as I can be for those future children (pregnancy and long after)

I have had a lot of people ask me what Ideal Protein is and although I am not an expert I will try my best to explain it the way I understand it. The best way I understand it is the insulin in your body has two jobs the first job is to regulate blood sugar levels and the second job is to grab excess calories and store it as fat. After many, many years of unhealthy eating your body produces more insulin than it really needs causing it to store more calories as fat. What the IP diet does is stabilize the pancreas (which produces insulin) while you eat fewer calories therefore helping you lose weight. Now that is the scientific version, which is what got my fiancĂ©’s attention and got him on board to help me lose weight. What got my attention is it’s something easy that actually works! If you are at all interested in this I suggest you check out their website http://www.idealprotein.com/us/home  and go to a meeting at your local IP site. There is an option on their website to help you find the place nearest you. I will talk more about the food in my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment