Friday, December 9, 2011

I miss bread!

Before I started this journey I would think of all the stuff that I thought I would miss. Pizza, mac and cheese, cheeseburgers, bananas, Mt Dew…. bread was not one of the things I thought I would miss. I think I miss it because it was such a staple in my life. I now spend way too long daydreaming about what it feels like to chew bread, the feel of it going down my throat. I know this is not a healthy obsession and I wonder if it is a sign that I am addicted to food. Last night and today have been particularly hard on me, I’m not sure why. I feel like I have been eating the same foods for the last week and a half and I want more flavor and options. The fact that I am EXTREMELY picky and my lack of culinary skills limit me quite a bit. After I am done with work today I will be going to the store and picking up the supplies to attempt to make taco seasoning from scratch (premade ones have flour in them to help thicken) I am hoping I can make a taco salad tonight.

I have found a couple of recipes online and one that I really like is cauliflower rice.
Cauliflower Rice
2 cups shredded cauliflower- I use a handheld grater and grate it, but you could use a food processor.  Just make sure it is small!
Seasonings to taste
Put the cauliflower in a microwavable container with a lid. (Do NOT add water)  Microwave for 3-4 minutes and add seasonings.
I hear you can make fried rice out of this but I haven’t tried it yet. I like to then take it and mash it and eat them like it is mashed potatoes.

I have noticed the last couple of days that my bras fit me better. I don’t feel like I am constantly falling out of them. The other thing that I noticed that I am not sure if I am happy about is my engagement ring is way too big on me now. I don’t want to get it resized until I am at my target weight but I don’t know how much longer I can wear it without the fear of it falling off. Right now it just keeps spinning and slides off easier than it should so we shall see.
How many of you reading this would start the ideal protein diet? What is stopping you from moving forward? Leave me a comment.

1 comment: